2013/12/17

Looking for Alaska

Looking for AlaskaLooking for Alaska Summary:
Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. Then he heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart. After. Nothing is ever the same.

Looking for Alaska Review:
This book is one of the first books by John Green. it's actually pretty old. I was recommended this book by a friend and I was expecting great things. Unfortunately, this didn't meet all that because I guess my expectations were too big for this book. The charcaters were a good example of what kids are like in real life, but it is not like everyone. There are scenes in this book which I didn't like because it wasn't my type and as it might have suited the book, I didn't enjoy reading. The book is divivded into two parts, the before and the after. For me the before was better because it was longer and made more sense to me.

The before scene, I felt was more detailed and we saw a variance of emotions, and how they could be strong. Although, the after scene was good too, it was just so centered on the mystery that happens on the book, I kinda got bored. Also,  don't really like books like this and prefer some paranormal activity in the novel. There were some good points like Pudge and Alaska and the Captain. I zoned in some parts of this novel, because it wasn't that interesting for me. This is not say it's not a good book, I just didn't enjoy it as much. Maybe if I read it in a couple years it might be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment