2014/05/10

Fantasy Lover(Dark Hunter #0.5)


Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter companion novel)
Fantasy Lover Summary:
Dear Reader,

Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day. As a love-slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and onto the world. She taught me to love again. But I was not born to love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace--the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse?

Julian of Macedon

Fantasy Lover Review:
I read this story after I had read about half of the books in the Dark Hunter series. I usually don't read adult books because they are so inappropriate. I read A Game of Thrones which kind of scarred me. Fantasy Lover is technically before Night Pleasures, but you can read this book anywhere in the series since Sherrilyn writes the books so that you can read each book without reading the ones before. Fantasy Lover was more darker than the other books, I had a few ah-ha moments when I read this after read Night Pleasures.

This book doesn't have much to do with dark hunters but it gives a bit of incite into other characters pasts and sheds some light onto other people's relationships. I loved Grace as a person because she loved to read those old books and had a history with each book, that I felt her lost when she lost them. She works in a very quirky place and is very ironic since she's a sex doctor and she's got to live with Julian who's got one of the biggest problem.

Julian is so much more dark and jaded, but I like how Grace heals him and shows him the light in a very dark place. The attraction is there from the very beginning of the book, but the love starts much later, and I like how it's slow and how much they truly do care about each other. This book was about healing for both Julian and Grace because of the people who lied to them and abused them. Fantasy Lover wasn't as action packed as the other books, but I still loved and one of the best books in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment