2014/05/10

Night Embrace(Dark Hunter #2)

Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)Night Embrace Summary:
Dear Reader,

Life is great for me. I have my chicory coffee, my warm beignets, and my best friend on the cell phone. Once the sun goes down, I am the baddest thing prowling the night: I command the elements, and I know no fear. For centuries, I've protected the innocent and watched over mankind, making sure they are safe in a world where nothing is ever certain. All I want in return is a hot babe in a red dress, who wants nothing more from me then one night.

Instead, I get a runaway Mardi Gras float that tries to turn me into roadkill and a beautiful woman who saves my life but can't remember where she put my pants. Flamboyant and extravagant, Sunshine Runningwolf should be the perfect woman for me. She wants nothing past tonight, no ties, no long-term commitments.

But every time I look at her, I start yearning for dreams that I buried centuries ago. With her unconventional ways and ability to baffle me, Sunshine is the one person I find myself needing. But for me to love her would mean her death. I am cursed never to know peace or happiness-not so long as my enemy waits in the night to destroy us both.

Talon of the Morrigantes

Night Embrace Review:
Talon was a character that I liked but didn't care too much about since whenever he showed it for just a few seconds. That really changed after I read this book. It really was amazing and it so funny from beginning to end. I instantly fell in love with Sunshine and Talon and their relationship with each other.

Sunshine was in Fantasy Lover and now she's a little older. She's one of the artists that you hear about who are so into their art they forget about everything. I remember one scene where Sunshine had to keep going back into the house three times because she had forgotten something. She also is incredibly caring to anyone who affects her and is willing to take care of complete stranger, Talon. She wants to do stuff for herself even though Talon can take care of her completely. Selena shows up again and this time she's helping with Sunshine's and Talon's relationship. The way that Talon and Sunshine meets is incredible funny after the epic night battle.

Talon on the other hand is incredibly serious but is much more levelheaded than the rest of the characters. His history is incredibly sad because he lost his whole family and lived his whole life in misery. He goes to great lengths to protect from Sunshine and that shows a more caring side of him that is letting him love again.

There is a crazy revelation about Acheron, which sets the whole book up and shows a side that isn't bad-ass. there is a bonus chapter which goes to Tartarus where Acheron's secret is kept and seems to show a caring side of Acheron.

Also, Zarek and Valerius are added to the New Orleans Dark-Hunters. Valerius is the grandson of the person who killed Kyrian and he;s got the same name. Zarek is dark hunter who lives in Alaska in complete isolation and is supposed to be evil to the core, and he never turns down any rumors. All of this added together was funny and crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment